Terms & Conditions
The promoters of this competition are Sustainable Restaurant Association and The Independent on Sunday newspaper whose registered offices are respectively at 25 Gerrard Street, London, W1D 6JL and 2 Derry Street, London, W8 5HF.
1. Employees of Sustainable Restaurant Association and also The Independent on Sunday or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found here.
4. Closing date and time for nominations will be at 5pm 7th February 2016. After this time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Your nomination enters you into a random draw for the prize in this competition. Only one nomination is allowed per person, making more than one nomination into the competition, will not aid your chances of winning, nor does it aid the chances of the restaurant you are nominating for the award, should you or any other person nominate them more than once. The prize for individuals taking part in this competition include: the option to attend the Food Made Good awards ceremony, hosted at Lindley Hall in London on 22nd March (transport to the awards from anywhere within the UK will be booked in advance by the Sustainable Restaurant Association upon confirmation of the prize winner and their additional guest’s attendance) plus an overnight stay, dinner, bed and breakfast at one of the Red Carnation Hotels listed below (point 30) on a night of your choice, dates are subject to availability and blackout dates will apply.
7. The offer cannot be exchanged for cash and no cash alternative to the prize is available.
8. We reserve the right to disqualify or reject any entry we believe to be in conflict with our promotion or not made in good faith or on other reasonable grounds or made under multiple accounts belonging to the same user.
9. Notification shall be sent to the winner no later than 5 working days after the completion of the draw. Notification shall take place by a Twitter public message and/or private message. Such notification shall set out the procedure for claiming the prize.
10. Once the winner has been notified, he/she will need to provide full contact details including name, address and email address within 30 days in order to claim the prize.
11. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners. If the winners cannot be contacted or fail to provide an address for delivery or fails to meet the eligibility requirements as set out in these terms and conditions or otherwise fails to comply with these terms, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve drawn at the same time as the original winners.
12. The winner’s name is available by request, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
13. The Promoter’s decisions in all matters to do with the prize draw will be final and the Promoter reserves the right not to enter into correspondence in respect of this prize draw except with the prize winner.
14. The Sustainable Restaurant Association reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this prize draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their control or to amend or modify these Prize Draw Entry Rules at any time.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of the prize for reasons beyond their reasonable control.
16. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
17. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
18. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
19. Winners will be chosen: at random by the Sustainable Restaurant Association from all entries received and verified by the promoter and its agents.
20. The winner will be notified by email and/or telephone within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
21. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
23. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
24. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
25. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Sustainable Restaurant Association and not to any other party. The information store in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE PRIZE WINNER FROM RED CARNATION HOTELS
27. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
28. Subject to availability and booking terms and conditions
29. Blackout dates may apply
30. Eligible hotels:
The Milestone Hotel, Kensington
Hotel 41, Victoria
The Egerton, Knightsbridge
The Chesterfield, Mayfair
The Montague on the Gardens, Bloomsbury
The Rubens at The Palace, Victoria
The Acorn Inn, Dorset